Hungry For A Great Career?
To our guests, Zaxby’s is more than just a place to eat – it’s a place to have fun, spend some time with friends and experience great food.
To our team members, Zaxby's is a family.
So come on in! We're saving a seat for you.
- Flexible work schedule because you have a life
- Fun workplace because you deserve it
- Rock your favorite jeans because we embrace your style
- Ongoing interactive training because enhancing your career growth is important
- Opportunities to advance because we reward great work
- Overtime available
This position is classified as non-exempt and reports to the Assistant Manager and General Manager.
Cashiers are the first point of contact for our guests and are directly responsible for delivering a great experience. You will take and enter orders, handle payments, keep the dining room and other guest areas clean, and provide excellent service to our guests by following standard operating procedures with a sense of urgency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
Zaxby's Front of House Development Plan:
- Hands-on stations training
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic service for all guests
- Promptly greet guests as they enter and thank them as they leave
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Explain menu items, answer questions, and suggest additional items
- Enthusiastically represent the Zaxby's brand
- Accurately complete orders and guest transactions
- Enter guest orders accurately into the point of sale system
- Accept payments, operate cash registers, and maintain receipts
- Handle cash payments, count and verify tills, and record totals appropriately
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming environment
- Clean and maintain guest areas including dining room, counters, bathrooms, and building exterior
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Stock paper goods, condiments, serveware, and beverages
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Prepare menu items according to company standards and in a safe and sanitary manner
- Prepare beverages, sauces, produce, and other items
- Ensure food and beverages are handled according to safety regulations and guidelines
- Accurately complete, package, and present guest orders
- Assist with kitchen and back of house tasks as assigned
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency, in a timely manner
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Zaxby's - Volusia County
An alternative to fast food, Zaxby's offers its guests prepared-at-order Chicken Fingerz, Traditional or Boneless Wings, sandwiches, Zalads and Zappetizers, along with a variety of nine sauces. Childhood friends Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley hatched the Athens, Ga.-based chain in 1990 to provide a fun, relaxing atmosphere that would keep guests coming back for more. Consumers ranked Zaxby's as the Most Craveable Fast Casual in America, in Technomic's Consumer Brand Metrics program for 2013 and 2014, and QSR Magazine listed the chain as one of the 12 Best Franchise Deals in 2013, as well as a Top 30 Best Fast Food Restaurant.
View all company job openings