The Grinder Setup Operator is responsible for the safe setup and operation of automatic grinding machines to grind springs to specification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Receive and interpret work orders, samples, prints, and instructions.
2. Set up grinder, install tubes, blocks and plates, changing or dressing grinding wheels.
3. Grind springs to proper length, squareness, and load specification.
4. Periodically check spring dimensions with calipers, load testers, and fixtures to insure parts are to specifications.
5. Complete and maintain all quality records.
6. Adhere to all safety requirements.
7. Maintain clean and orderly work area.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
1. Ability to read and interpret part specifications or blueprints.
2. Detailed oriented.
3. Good verbal and communication skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
2 years’ experience in grinding and or equivalent machine operation and setup.
May lift up to 10-20lb. Standing up to 4 hours at a time.
West Coast Staffing was first opened in 2010. We have provided staffing services to a wide array of locations, all throughout California. Through the last few years we have expanded to 4 locations. Our ethics are a critical building block of our business. Our own success is based on adherence to the highest ethical standards; long-term client relationships, the ability to identify top candidates, and the high-quality professional development of WCS professionals protecting the confidentiality and interests of clients and candidates.