Quality Assurance Manager
Growing food manufacturing company in Commerce, has an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Manager:
The qualified candidates must be able to perform the following job duties:
Supervises and coordinates activities of the Quality Assurance and Laboratory to obtain optimum efficiency and quality of plant operations. Coordinates the activities of Lab with production. This position frequently requires mental demands, including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex reports. The ability to handle multiple tasks and multiple deadlines and work effectively under pressure is critical to this position.
• Minimum 5 years Quality Assurance experience with 3-5 years of Food manufacturing QA supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of QA Management principles, practices and procedures.
• SQF Certified by a recognized authority
• Working knowledge of the proper use of sophisticated lab equipment and testing procedures.
• Proficient knowledge of computer programs (i.e. MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Power point)
• Ability to define problems, research and collect information, analyze data and establish facts, draw valid conclusions and clearly and concisely present solutions or make effective recommendations.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• Must have solid communication skills (written, verbal, listening, presentation) and be customer-focused; must have excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on detail and accurate recordkeeping. Bilingual Spanish
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management and organizational skills.
• Must have strong collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills as well as demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of employees as well as internal and external customers.
Job Duties Include:
• Develops and ensures implementation of food safety and monitoring programs to meet company and regulatory standards. Oversees and monitors quality programs (i.e. HACCP, GMP, SQF, Pest Control, Sanitation programs, in-process sampling, lab technical validation program, hold and release and product disposition etc.)
• Serves as the facilities SQF practitioner.
• Reviews all quality control test results and provide disposition of finished product to ensure customer specifications are met.
• Develops, implements and monitors ongoing execution of all product related testing, product holds pertaining to quality or food safety issues. Has direct authority and responsibility for final disposition determination and execution for finished product.
• Provides technical support to plant management regarding process/product improvement through analysis, quality and function ability.
• Provides administrative and managerial responsibilities directly related to the QA function and the Lab. Provides direction for in-process and finished product testing, instrument calibration and environmental testing.
• Investigates tracks and provides responses for customer complaints and returns.
• Develops and monitors standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as they pertain to the QA function and product quality.
• Updates reports on product quality, environmental results and incident activities.
• Directs and facilitates the annual training of employees in GMP, HACCP, SQF, Allergen, and other quality and food safety expectations/programs of the quality management system.
• Ensures that the QA team conducts Plant Audits as scheduled and ensures follow up to identified issues.
• Interacts with regulatory compliance agencies (i.e. USDA, FDA, GCFO, etc.).
• Prepares plant and leads efforts involving 3rd party Customer/Plant Audits.
• Communicates and interacts effectively with all departments, and all levels of management to ensure the smooth operation of the process.
• Reviews processes and quality testing program a minimum of annually to validate the quality and food safety programs to ensure they are effective.
• Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Applicant should possess leadership skills.
Understand Good Manufacturing Practice and be knowledgeable of GMP’s
Complies with the company’s food safety, quality and regulatory programs
This is a temp to hire position, and the company offers fringe benefits after hired directly, and salary is based on experience.
If interested, please email your resume to:
Or call for more information: 323-265-2002
West Coast Staffing was first opened in 2010. We have provided staffing services to a wide array of locations, all throughout California. Through the last few years we have expanded to 4 locations. Our ethics are a critical building block of our business. Our own success is based on adherence to the highest ethical standards; long-term client relationships, the ability to identify top candidates, and the high-quality professional development of WCS professionals protecting the confidentiality and interests of clients and candidates.