Job Descripion: Catering Assistant
Willow Point Golf and Country Club
Lake Marin, Alexander City, Alabama
The Catering Assistant will work closely with the Director of Catering to learn the intricacies of catering from both the sales, administration, and operations standpoint. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Members and other clients to coordinate the details of their events including but not limited to food and beverage menu selections, tastings, lodging, linen rental, set up, audiovisual, golf tee times and other recreational activities.
Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Aid Director of Catering in planning and organizing events
2. Assist Banquet Setup Crew with set up and break down of events, including linen selections
3. Work closely with vendor partners (rentals, florist, bakeries, etc.) in arranging services
4. Administrative duties and light office work as needed, as well as helping with special projects
5. Create and distribute Banquet Event Orders for all functions
6. Inspect all function sheets against room set-up for accuracy and cleanliness. Coordinates with the Director of Catering for final setups.
7. Works in coordination with Director of Catering and Food and Beverages Managers to assist in the oversight of front of the house banquet preparation and set up as well as executing banquet service as needed.
8. Provides guest tours and offers suggestions to sell the merits of the clubs’ facilities for the occasion being planned
9. Receives and greets members, guests, or client contacts at catered and special events
10. Serves as liaison between the Front of the house and the Back of the House in respect to catered events
11. Follow up with finished arrangements; may be present to oversee the actual service and greeting of guests
12. Assists with performing functional banquet tasks such as replenishing buffet food, serving, or clearing tables when needed
13. May attend and/or perform pre-function lineups to relay any information to food and beverage managers and staff
14. Receives and communicates all feedback regarding banquet food, beverage, and service
15. Suggests when additional service supplies and small equipment are needed
16. Enforces established rules, regulations, and policies
17. Attends scheduled staff meetings
18. Performs other respective duties or projects as assigned by the General Manager Director of Catering.
Qualifications for Catering Assistant
· Ability to work flexible and vary scheduling including nights and weekends of events
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and endure long periods of standing and walking
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· In order to thrive in this position, you must be able to provide great customer service to clients and guests, have a keen eye for attention to detail, be organized, and have the ability to multitask in a fast passed work environment
Director of Catering and Group Sales: Jennifer Michaels 256-212-1462 firstname.lastname@example.org
Yards to play: 7,200.
Par score: 72.
Courses like it: 0.
A members-only private club, Willow Point offers a family-friendly atmosphere and activities calendar throughout the year. Membership at Willow Point is by application only with sponsorship by current members required.