Whether you’re conducting online recruitment, interviewing or using a job posting software for hiring, never underestimate the power of positivity.
There have been many studies about how a positive, happy brain yields impressive results in business, personal relationships and virtually every facet of your life.
Stories tell of General Stonewall Jackson, a Confederate general, planning a very daring attack during the Civil War. One of his underlings was quite fearful and had objections and fears because of the plan. Jackson put his hand on his shoulder and said, “General, never take counsel of your fears.”
Being in business is not for the faint of heart. Fears of the future, fears of accomplishing a goal, layoffs and even fears of making payroll are sometimes a part of daily life. In Norman Vincent Peale’s book, “The Power of Positive Thinking,” Peale says that you have to first believe in yourself to be successful in your business or life.
Build Self-Confidence to Be Successful in Online Recruitment
Remember, if you don’t have the self-confidence to believe in your company, your online recruitment efforts will fall flat because no one will want to work for you.
Normal Vincent Peale outlines a few things to build up your self-confidence and have success in life.
1. Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself finding success. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture. Never think of yourself as failing; never doubt the reality of the mental image. This is most dangerous, for the mind always tries to complete what it pictures. So always imagine “success” no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment.
2. Whenever a negative thought concerning your powers comes to mind, deliberately voice a favorable opinion to cancel it out.
3. Do not build up obstacles in your imagination. Depreciate every so-called obstacle. Minimize them. Difficulties must be studied and efficiently dealt with to be eliminated, but they must be seen for only what they are. They must not be inflated by fearful thoughts.
4. Do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as YOU can. Remember that most people, despite their confident appearance and demeanor, are often as scared as you are and as doubtful of themselves.
5. Make an accurate estimate of your ability, then raise it by 10 percent. Do not become egotistical, but develop wholesome self-respect.
Being successful in business means being successful as an individual, requiring a positive, happy brain. Read Peale’s book for more insights on how to develop these characteristics in your own life.
Ninja Gig is a leading employer job posting site that allows employers to post and accept job applications online. Whether you need to advertise a job or are looking for a job posting software that features a robust Applicant Tracking System (ATS), you can put your online recruitment and job hiring fears aside and focus on running a successful business. See how Ninja Gig can help save your company time and money with your online recruiting. Sign up for our FREE 14-day trial now!