Ninja Gig knows how important your restaurant is to you and we want to help you make 2018 the best year to date. We have compiled a list of restaurant trends that are anticipated to shape and define restaurants this year.
- Asian Island Cuisine – Momentum is building around Filipino foods and restaurants that incorporate Indonesian and Malaysian influences will be popular. Sour, bitter and aromatic flavor profiles are emerging, and Filipino adobo and bagoong will jump on the scene and become as popular as sambal and kaffir lime. If you want to take advantage of this trend and incorporate more Asian influences into your restaurant cuisine, reach out to local cooking schools and see what students specialize in Asian cooking.
- Gut-Friendly Foods – Allergen-free foods are popular, but more gut-friendly menu items will be showing up on menus. Probiotic, prebiotic and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as aloe, flaxseed, turmeric and skyr improve digestion and chefs are pairing these delightful ingredients with sweet, savory, tangy and smoky options that deliver complex tastes. If you’re looking for a chef that understands nutrition and will cater to your customers, consider advertising for chefs or cooks that have experience working with food allergies and nutrition. We anticipate seeing more of these job advertisements to keep on par with the latest restaurant trends.
- Off-Premises – As more restaurants and grocery stores offer delivery services, you should anticipate ramping up your delivery and takeout menus, hiring the necessary personnel to make sure that customers receive their meals piping hot and on time.
- Personalized Service – Data is driving our futures. More customers will become comfortable sharing their personal information if it means that they receive more customized menu choices, faster ordering times and quicker service.
- Baby Boomers – Previous years saw restaurants catering to Millennials, but we think that trend is on the downside. Restaurants will once again begin catering to Baby Boomers. Additionally, people age 55 and older are among the fastest-growing employment group according to the labor forces. Restaurants shouldn’t be afraid to tap into an older employee group.
- Skills – More restaurants will be offering transferrable skills to their regular training. This includes safe-space communication, business 101, emotional intelligence and other tools that help educate restaurant staff.
- Federal and Local Governments Labor Issues – Be prepared for state and federal governments to play tug of war over the restaurant industry, which has in years past been dominated by minimum wage employees. The only certainty is that state and federal governments will fight over immigration raids and minimum wage statutes.
Learn more about other restaurant trends anticipated to appear in 2018.
Ninja Gig specializes in offering custom online job applications for the restaurant industry. If your company needs a better way to track job applications and qualified applicants, sign up today for a 14-day free trial and see how easy your job can become!