Most movie theater employees are teens with first-time jobs, which means it’s essential to have a responsible movie theater manager that has the necessary skills to lead and teach employees.
Below are some questions to consider incorporating into regular rotation when interviewing for a movie theater manager.
- Can you work with budgets?
- What do you find is the most challenging part of the budgeting process?
- Can you give an example and explain a time when you coached or mentored someone on the job?
- Did it help boost the person’s skills or job knowledge?
- Share an experience when you dealt with a difficult person or personality type, and what you did to handle and address the situation.
- Describe successfully organizing a group of people to accomplish a specific task or goal.
- Give me some examples of how you organize, plan and prioritize work on a daily basis.
- Describe an instance when you did something “outside the box” that benefited your employer.
- Tell me when you monitored or reviewed information and found a problem or discrepancy. How did you respond and what did you do?
- Give an example when your advice facilitated an improvement for your company.
- When setting expectations and monitoring subordinates performance, what do you find most useful?
- Share a time when you successfully coordinated with others on a project.
- Describe a time when that effort was not successful.
- In your experience, what is the best way to help monitor the work of others?
- Describe a time when you had to take corrective action with a subordinate.
- What do you think is key to developing a good, solid team?
- What do you think is essential when communicating with the public?
- Describe a time when you remained calm and dealt with a high-stress situation.
- Share a time when you took on additional challenges or responsibilities without being asked or directed.
- Describe a time when you worked in a workplace that was rapidly changing. How did you deal with the change?
- Share a time when you oversaw or managed the work of someone else. How did you motivate, direct and develop their work?
- Discuss a time when you identified a problem and came up with a solution. Discuss your decision-making process and how you arrived at a conclusion.
Ninja Gig offers easy to customize online job applications, which makes it simple for movie theaters to advertise jobs and ask specific preliminary questions during the online employment application process. Sign up now for your free trial and see how Ninja Gig can bring streamline your online job applications.