Oversee all employee relations, employee schedules and human resources functions within the Community Living Residential program. The Community Living Manager is responsible to train Direct Support Professionals and assure that Individualized Support Plans are implemented as written. As Staffing Manager, they will be in direct supervision of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), Program Leaders, and assisting in the general supervision of Community Living’s functioning. Some responsibilities include:
• Participate in providing staff training as appropriate
• Work directly with program leaders in regards to training and communicating their responsibilities
• Oversee all aspects of staffing schedule
• Deliver timely verbal reprimands for performance below expectations and timely verbal praises for actions above and beyond job description
• Conduct one on one meetings each month or as needed with assigned staff.
• Provide a consistent supervisory presence in the Community Living Program to ensure programs and policies are being followed and to act as a reference to staff
• Work directly with Human Resources on any and all employee relations concerns
• Attend Staffing Meetings
• Attend and participate in management meetings, mandatory training classes, in-services as required
• Maintain positive relations with all parents, families and/or legal guardians of residents supported in Community Living
• Ability to work with a diverse population and develop positive relationships with individuals, staff, individuals from other organizations and any other persons related to the clients
• Oversee Whitehouse and Pemberville, OH Community Living staff
• Participate in on-call rotation including weekends and holidays
The right person will need a positive, energetic, “can do” attitude as the Community Living Manager. Must have exceptional oral communication and organizational skills. Have Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Data Plus, Care Tracker and DODD MSS. Supervisory experience required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Valid Driver’s license and eligibility to be insured.
What We Offer:
• Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.