Bittersweet Farms is a world renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. We are seeking a Part Time (24-28 hours/week) Day Program Leader. Responsibilities for the position include:
• Providing support, mentoring, and guidance to the Direct Support Professional team.
• Work in partnership and purpose with individuals with autism daily
• Daily involvement with participants, guardians, families and professionals while utilizing a person-centered approach.
• Must be flexible to meet programmatic and operational needs.
The right person will need strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills to succeed. Experience in developing and implementing skill development plans for individuals with developmental disabilities preferred. Experience working with adults with autism and/or working in the field of vocational/day program rehabilitation is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of high school education or G.E.D; Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or other developmental disabilities in a Direct Support Professional (DSP) capacity is strongly preferred
• One to two years of leadership experience is preferred
• Valid driver’s license along with eligibility to be insured is required
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.