Bittersweet Farms is currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing to oversee our nursing team. Located in Whitehouse, OH on a picturesque 80 acre farm, Bittersweet serves individuals with autism through a day program and residential services. Our Director of Nursing will manager the health and well being of our ICF residents and day program participants.
Additional responsibilities include:
○ Medication oversight of residents
○ Supervises nursing staff including scheduling to assure resident needs and regulatory and budgetary standards are met
○ Oversight of delegated nursing training for our staff
○ Maintain compliance with all governing regulations for an ICF, including Medicaid and Lucas County Board of DD
○ Collecting and reviewing all Incident Reports, as well as, addressing any medical issues
○ Proactively develop employee relations and recognition programs to include health and wellness and flu shots
○ ADN required; BSN preferred
○ Current Ohio RN license required.
○ Three years experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position.
○ CPR/ AED/ First Aid Certificate
○ Must be flexible to meet nursing coverage and available on an "on call" basis
○ Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in an environment serving those with developmental disabilities.
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.