Bittersweet Farms is a world renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. We are seeking a full time Medical Assistant in Whitehouse, Ohio. This position will assist the Director of Nursing and Residential Director in all aspects of medical support needs for residents of the ICF. The Medical Assistant also assumes all the duties and responsibilities associated with the job description of a Direct Support Professional.
· Maintain and complete all aspects of medical appointment management as required by state and local guidelines and best care practices
· Transport participants to and from medical appointments in a safe and responsible manner
· Effectively and professionally communicate with physicians and other heal care professionals to provide accurate information during appointments and to the nursing department following appointments
· Write incident reports in a timely and professional manner
· Attend all mandatory meetings, trainings, events and in-services as required
· Stay up to date on current healthcare trends and concerns
· Keep up to date precise records of all adaptive medical equipment
· Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
· Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
· 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
· Assistance with getting reliable transportation, child care, affordable housing, food assistance program, counseling, learning basic computer skills, budgeting assistance, credit counseling and several other opportunities through the Employee Resource Network with a success coach
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.