The Volunteer Major Gifts Chair, is an effective fundraiser who understands the importance of building relationships with regional volunteers, local businesses, corporate representatives, and current and prospective donors. A key component of this role is supporting our donors to fulfill their philanthropic goals in the context of rewarding low income students possessing strength of character with a scholarship award and mentoring to realize their goal of attending and succeeding in college. With the direction and assistance of the National Director of Major Gifts, the goal is to get Education First to the next level of impact by doubling our scholarships by 2023.
- Supports the expansion of donors and their commitments by sharing Education First’s mission during key events that strengthen ties to the communities served.
-Create, lead, manage and mentor a team of volunteers in supporting non-profit organization fundraising. Be directly hands-on in facilitating and driving major donor contributions.
- Cultivates and builds trusted relationships with a portfolio of current, lapsed, and prospective donors and corporate partners to generate new and increased giving.
- Collaborates with regional chairs to identify and cultivate high capacity donors and cultivates relationships with the employers of regional volunteers that might emerge as giving partners.
- Advises and leads regional chairs in their designated Region by attending and inviting influential community and business leaders to local events.
- Assists in building partnerships with local companies to provide an ongoing stream of volunteers and/or scholarship sponsorships.
-Provide program updates to organization leadership.
- Finds creative ways to thank, recognize, and engage donors and corporate sponsors.
Founded in 1995 by a group of recent college graduates it is our belief that education is an "equalizer" and can help break generational poverty. As professionals, we come together to help low income youth get a college degree by providing scholarships. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and have chapters in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Austin, and Boston.